LightRocket Media Manager gives your organisation the tools it needs to manage, publish and distribute a vast range of digital assets.
Transform and simplify your digital workflow. Manage contributors and control what users can view and download.
We can install LightRocket Media Manager on your server or organise hosting for you, including data storage and database backups. Get free support and upgrades.
Get a permanent license for as many users as you need and store an unlimited number of files. The package comes with free support and tuition along with free standard upgrades and enhancements for the life of the product.
- 21/05/2015 - Major Performance Update: The LightRocket development team have just posted a major performance update enabling users to update file information for thousands of files at a time. It's all about speed, efficiency and ease of use.
- 18/03/2015 - Country Drop Downs: Adding country information to your files just got easier, and more accurate, with the introduction of drop down country lists on the 'Edit File Info' page.
- 12/02/2015 - Juicier Previews: Size does matter when it comes to viewing great photography, which is why we've increased the size of the previews generated by the LightRocket system: ensuring greater impact and more clarity.
- 03/08/2014 - New file info icons under thumbnails. As part of our ongoing interface upgrades, we have now added new icons under each thumbnail. These correspond to LightRocket Media Manager's five recommended file info fields (date, location, copyright/credit, description, keywords). As each field is completed the icon is replaced by a green 'tick'.
- 28/07/2014 - Complete redesign of edit file info page. The LightRocket design and development team have been hard at work. We are proud to unveil this major interface upgrade which simplifies and beautifies the edit file info page. Check out the new 'visibility meter' which shows progress as key file info is added to a file.
- 08/07/2014 - New one click preview for thumbnails. Previews can now be launched with a single click on thumbnails published to the front end of the LightRocket Media Manager system.
- 05/06/2014 - Gallery content management goes 'full screen'. By clicking on the brand new view 'view full screen' button in the gallery content management area, users now can comfortably view gallery content full screen making editing and re-ordering gallery content much easier.
- 10/05/2014 - Embed your slideshows into other CMS platforms. Building out further upgrades around the new slideshow player, we have now added the ability to generate embed code that can be posted to other CMS platforms.
- 04/04/2014 - New slideshow player launched. Drum roll and fanfare. Our development team just launched a brand new slideshow player for the LightRocket Media Manager platform. The new slideshow plays like a dream on mobile platforms too.
- 12/03/2014 - Deleted user's files transferred to admin. Gone is the risk of losing the files of a contributor you may delete from your system. With this latest upgrade to LightRocket Media Manager, deleted users' files are automatically transferred to admin.
- 23/02/2014 - Duplicates filter and sort order feature now live. Our developers are on a roll. We've just posted a new filter so you can identify duplicates in your archive and you can now sort your files by file name in ascending and descending order.
- 02/02/2014 - Resize the archive search panel. Flexibility is LightRocket Media Manager's middle name...and we're underscoring that fact by adding a new adjustable panel option, so users have more space to view their folder tree in the folder management and advanced search panel.
- 20/01/2014 - Drag and drop to galleries. Using LightRocket Media Manager gets easier and easier. Now you can add content to galleries by simply selecting content in your archive and dragging it onto the name of the gallery to which you wish to add it.
- 10/01/2014 - Edit file info from anywhere in the back office. Just by rolling over any of the squares that appear under your thumbnails you can now simply click to edit the corresponding metadata field - either from the archive panel or when viewing thumbnails in the gallery management area.
- 19/12/2013 - Share files securely and quickly with any contact or user group. LightRocket Media Manager's new share function allows admins to share one or more file, or even an entire gallery, with a single contact, multiple contacts or pre-defined groups of contacts. You can set the maximum number of downloads, define access (view only or view and download) , resize files and set rights to expire on a given date.
- 05/12/2013 - Increased 'per page' display counts in the archive area. This new feature allows for up to 200 thumbnails to be loaded and displayed. 200 is the new default (up from 50), but the user's last preference is remembered. Browsing your archive just got a whole lot easier.
- 25/11/2013 - New File Rotation Feature. Upside down? The wrong way round? Changing the orientation of your pictures is no longer a problem with LightRocket Media Manager's new file rotation feature. Select a file, click on 'actions' and scroll to select your preferred rotation option.
- 08/11/2013 - Go viral with LightRocket Media Manager's new social media buttons. This feature is optional of course but it allows the possibility for content to be shared to all of the major social media networks.
- 02/10/2013 - New improved publish button for posting your files online. Our new publish button is part of ongoing improvements to our platform's interface, aimed at delivering an ever simpler and more intuitive experience.
- 20/09/2013 - Limits on download volumes removed. Users can now download files singly or as a batch without any limit on the total volume of the download. This upgrade replaces the previous 50MB limits on download sizes.
- 10/09/2013 - Deleting files has never been safer. LightRocket Media Manager introduces a new feature that allows users to restore deleted files for 48 hours after deletion. Deleted files are held in a 'Deleted Files' folder and can be restored by dragging back into any normal folder.
- 28/08/2013 - FTP importing gets a make over. LightRocket Media Manager 2.0. now boasta a brand new FTP that allows for automatic imports to your archive and maintains folder structures after import. FTP importing has never been so smooth!
- 15/06/2012 - LightRocket Media Manager Version 2.0 is released.This cutting edge version upgrade represents a major leap forwards for LightRocket Media Manager, which moves from a Windows to a Linux operating platform - delivering improved stability, performance and security.
- 15/08/2012 - Permissions functionality upgraded: We are pleased to announce that our development team has just posted a significant upgrade to LightRocket Media Manager's permissions functionality. The upgrade will allow for greater control and granularity in the granting of viewing and download permissions, while retaining our system's signature easy-to-use style. "We're excited about this new update," said Managing Director Peter Charlesworth. "Managing permissions goes to the heart of our system and is a key area of value."
- 02/05/2012 - Forbes Magazine Licenses LightRocket Media Manager: After putting our DAM system through its paces by using a designated Forbes test site to edit an issue of their Asian edition, Forbes Magazine purchased a license to LightRocket Media Manager DAM software. "The Forbes photography department had very specific requirements for a system to manage their incoming pictures. Each month they assign dozens of photographers who need to upload their shoots within tight deadlines," said Peter Charlesworth, LightRocket Media's Managing Director. "They also needed privacy, so the new Forbes site is hidden behind a gateway page meaning only registered and logged in users can access the system," said Charlesworth. "Our digital asset management software will really save the picture editors a ton of time. Once uploaded, the pictures are instantly viewable and in minutes they can have an edit in front of the art directors."
- 25/04/2012 - World Scout Bureau Purchases LightRocket Media Manager: After a thorough review of the competition, the World Scout Bureau based in Geneva, Switzerland, has decided to purchase LightRocket Media Manager as its primary tool for managing media assets across the organization. "The World Scout Bureau was very diligent in reviewing our product. We're confident LightRocket Media Manager will be everything the World Scout Bureau needs and more." said Yvan Cohen LightRocket Media's Business Development and Marketing Director.
- 14/11/2011 - Uploading files just got even easier with the launch of new FTP functionality on LightRocket Media Manager:Contributors using our Digital Asset Management (DAM) system can now upload and import files via FTP (File Transfer Protocol) providing a useful alternative to the system's 'Standard Upload' page. "When uploading a large quantity of files, or files that are very large, it is often easiest to use FTP functionality," said Yvan Cohen, LightRocket Media's Business Development and Marketing Director. "Uploading using FTP means a user can instantly see if a connection breaks or if files have not uploaded or are corrupt."
- 30/08/2011 - OnAsia has released a major upgrade of its browser-based digital asset management system known as LightRocket Media Manager: The new version, 2.0, expands significantly on the system's intuitive interface and efficiency-boosting workflow, say company founders Peter Charlesworth and Yvan Cohen. Among the roster of innovations in the 2.0 release are a brand new User Groups tool, a 'push FTP' function, more granular search filters and a host of refinements to the system's slick-looking interface. The new User Groups functionality allows administrators to create groups for targeted communications or for contributor management within the archive. "The idea is that you can now use our digital asset management system for customer relations management and for delegating limited publishing authority over a group of contributors that might be linked to a department or a regional office somewhere. We think our clients are going to love the freedom this kind of functionality gives them," said LightRocket's Managing Director, Peter Charlesworth.
- 11/04/2011 - UNAIDS picks LightRocket Media Manager for their Media Library DAM System:The United Nations organization UNAIDS has licensed LightRocket Media Manager as their Digital Asset Management System. "We are very proud to be working with one of the world's most important organizations," said Peter Charlesworth, LightRocket's Managing Director. "They have offices and contributors around the world who need to upload images and video on a regular basis," he added. Having tried other DAM solutions, UNAIDS chose LightRocket. "We helped them migrate over 40,000 files into the LightRocket system," said Charlesworth, "and now they are able to use the extensive functionality such as batch editing of keywords and creation of galleries to showcase segments of their existing archive as well as to illustrate the important humanitarian work they are involved with globally."
- 07/04/2011 - "Editors' Picks" functionality added to gallery administration: For companies with large archives and extensive gallery collections the LightRocket Media Manager system now allows administrators to pick out the best galleries so they can be brought to the 'front' of the site. "Using 'Editors' Picks', archive administrators can 'flag' the best or most important galleries giving them prominence at the front end of the site, so clients won't be swamped by less interesting material," said Yvan Cohen, LightRocket Media's Business Development and Marketing Director. "Users can of course see everything if they want by just turning off the 'Editors' Picks' filter. But for large archives it is important to let the cream of the galleries filter to the top."
- 23/03/2011 - Usage History feature update: Staff users of the LightRocket Media Manager system can now view any digital file's usage history at a glance. Once a file's usage has been reported using LightRocket's unique Download Follow Up system, the file's 'history' can be viewed by staff users when browsing the archive. "The instant availability of this information adds tremendous value to an archive," said LightRocket Media Managing Director, Peter Charlesworth, "being able to see how many times a digital asset such as a video or photograph has been viewed along with actual usage over a period of time lets archive managers know which files work best or even which ones have been over-used. It also helps avoid duplicate usage which can be a problem in large organisations."
- 03/02/2011 - Editable Gallery Categories feature added: Now administrators can instantly add a category and change the gallery category order. "Apart from giving administrators the flexibility to define appropriate categories for their gallery collections, this new functionality allows organisations such as Non Government Organisations (NGOs) or News Media to instantly create a relevant category for a news event," said Yvan Cohen, Lightrocket's Business Development and Marketing Director. "If there is a major event such as an earthquake or tsunami, a news organisation using the LightRocket system can instantly create a gallery category for the event, move it to the top spot and fill it with the latest stories."
- 17/12/2010 - User Groups Feature Added: LightRocket launches User Groups and Publishing Editors feature. The User Groups function allows administrators to delegate publishing authority. This is a perfect tool for publishing companies with multiple titles and art departments. Administrators can designate users as Publishing Editors and assign them to user groups, giving them editing and publishing rights over their groups' folders, files and galleries. "This allows administrators to delegate specific areas of their archive management and is ideal for advertising companies or publishers running a stable of magazines or newspapers and sections," said Peter Charlesworth, LightRocket Media Manager's Managing Director. "An art director and his or her department can, for example, administer a group of photographers' work from conception through to final layouts."
- 25/11/2010 - Download Follow Up feature added for monitoring and auditing file usage: LightRocket Media Manager launches a unique automated system for tracking digital file usage. Clients who download files from the LightRocket system are prompted by email to complete usage history details online. "The great thing about this system is that not only is it automated, but an administrator can totally control how often each individual user is prompted by email to complete usage details." Said Yvan Cohen, LightRocket Media Manager's Business Development and Marketing Director. "This tool allows a company to build up a complete picture of the usage history of their digital assets."
Contact us and tell us what you need, we can help.